Friday, January 31, 2014

WHAT: A video of the dance!


Just a super quick follow-up on my last post.  Last Friday night many gathered in one of the schools in Piliscsaba to enjoy a night of folk dance.  Good thing I learned all those moves at the dance house, click here to see our performance!   My host parents are in the back left corner and my partner and I are beside them.

I will later write more surrounding the history of this dance and the land that it comes from.  I hope you enjoy the video! I certainly enjoyed dancing with these fine folks, and think it's quite special to learn something so unique and important to Hungarian culture.  I'd like to give a special thanks to Réka and Atilla, our dance instructors.
My host parents are directly in front of this picture, and my partner and I are right behind them.  We've been practicing this dance every Wednesday night for the past several months.

More later

-Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment